2 Day Crack Cocaine Workshop for Professionals
The programme will be based on client engagement and will introduce The Resonance Factor – a new approach, created by Janus solutions, that keeps the focus on the drug use.
- The history of crack
- The difference between cocaine and crack
- How crack interacts with the body and the brain
- Cravings and Triggers
- Lapse Management
- Relapse Prevention
- Relapse Awareness
- Harm minimisation
- Group Work Dynamics
- Role Reversal
- Sky Plus
- The Buzz
Comfort zones: Where the client retreats when facing difficult situations
Transition and change: acknowledging that change is a complex process that impacts the client in a variety of ways, and finding ways to help them recognise and cope with these.
Masks: roles that are adopted in different situations and environments, and helpful and destructive aspect of these.
Identity and self-perception: using the Johari Window to help clients recognise and understand different aspects of themselves
Perverse Pleasure: exploring behaviours that may seem unpalatable to the worker.
The Resonance Factor
- To develop effective intervention skills
- To enhance professional development
- To increase engagement skills
- To develop awareness and understanding of the service user
- To develop interpersonal skills
- To increase the competency of the workforce
- To increase retention of service users
- To provide a qualitative service, that is reflective and progresive
- To obtain the best possible outcome for the service user
DANOS Compilant: AA1.1 , AA1.2 , AA3, AA4 AB1 / 2 / 3 / 6 , AD1/ 3 / 4 , AG1/ 2 / 3 /4, AG2 / AH7 / AI2/3